The family house is very important for the well-being of the family members. It plays many important role in the life of the members. Care of the family house is very important if the house is to meet the needs of the family, it is important for you to know the reason for care of the family house. The equipment or tools needed for that and how to care for the houses.
REASONS FOR CARE OF FAMILY HOUSE
- To maintain clean appearance
- To maintain good hygiene
- To maintain good health.
- To prevent the spoilage of household equipment, tools, furniture, and linens, etc
- To prolong the lifespan of houses and it contents. For instance, a neglected carpet will wear more readily than one that is cleaned regularly.
- To make for orderliness in the house
- To prevent household pest and disease carrying insects. Such as mosquito.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS FOR CLEANING THE HOUSE1. BROOM AND Brushes : brooms are commonly made from palm fronds. Brushes can be made from horse hair, vegetable fibre nylon.
USES OF BROOM AND BRUSHES : there are different type of brooms and brushes used for different purposes.
- Short or and rooms and long lashes are used for sweeping the floor
- Long and soft broom and brush are used for removing cobwebs from wall and ceiling.
- Long handled steve broom and brushes are used for sweeping the yard outside the house.
- Toilet brushes are used for cleaning the water closet.
- Stiffs and brushes are used for cleaning upholstery rugs and carpets
- Polishing brushes are used for polishing different surfaces for example shoe brush.
GUIDELINES FOR CHOOSING BROOM AND BRUSH
- Considered the use to be made of the broom or brush.
- Choose the right room of brush for the right work.
- choose good quality brooms and brushes.
- Check the handles. They should be smooth and of the right length for easy use.
- Take the bloom seed and brushes bristles. They should be plentiful, closely together and firm, pull the bristles to ensure that they are firm.
CARE OF BROOMS AND BRUSHES
- After each use shake off any pieces of dirt that are collected on the broomstick or brush bristles
- Wash the broom or brush by holding the handles and beating the stick of bristles up and down in a warm detergent water.
- Rings in clean water
- Put out to dry in open hair
- When not in use and brushes on hook by their handles and keep broom upright. This prevents bristles and stick from bending.
2. DUSTER These are normally made from soft non fluffy or lintless clothes. USES OF DUSTER
- They can be use dry, for gathering and removing those from surfaces.
- They can also be slightly damp with water or suitable oil. This helps to gather dust and prevent it from flying about.
- After using a damp duster the surface should be rubbed with a clean dry duster to restore the polish and shine
- During dry dusting, check the data outside properly from time to time.
GUIDELINES FOR CHOOSING DUSTER
- Choose soft clothes that can absorb moisture
- Provide more than one duster for the home.
CARE OF DUSTER
- After use, shake to remove loss dust.
- Wash with soap and water
- Rinse well and hang out on the line to dry.
- Fold neatly and put away properly.
3. MOPS Mop heads are made of twisted cotton yarns. These are attached to a long or short handle. Dry mobs can be used for dusting surfaces. Wet mobs can be used for washing floors. Long-handled mob makes washing or floor easy because the worker can stand while working.
CARE OF MOPS
- Wash the mop with soap and water use
- Rinse out in clean water
- Bring out water and shake thoroughly in the open air.
- Place upright in the sun to dry
- Watch more pale and dry in the sun
SIMPLE DAILY, WEEKLY AND SEASONAL CARING OF THE HOUSE
In order to clean the house you need to sweep and does the different functioning areas, surface and objects in the houses. The functional areas are sitting room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, toilet and bathroom. You will learn more about this when you read on we will learn about sweeping and dusting, as well as the guidance for daily, weekly and seasonal cleaning of the house.
SWEEPING AND DUSTING cleaning is the process of removing dust, from shoes, staying another foreign matters from articles and services. The method of cleaning to use, depends on the nature of the dirt. Method of cleaning include sweeping and dusting.
DUSTDust is fine dry loose particles blown about by air, It’s often contain powdered errors earth, dry vegetable and animal matters, bacteria, etc
CHARACTERISTICS OF DUST
- It is light and settled readily in any surface.
- It will add real fixed to any damn surface.
- It can easily held by grace, moisture or rough surface.
- It is easy to remove on smooth surface than on a rough surface.
- Greasy held dust is not an easy to remove as loose dust.
Dirt is just that has become firmly held by moisture, grease or rough surfaces. It is fixed dust. It cannot be removed by current of air. It is therefore not removable by dusting alone. It requires water for the water-soluble death and special cleaning solvent for the non water-soluble dirt.
This is the process of removing of dust using a cloth or a duster.
GUIDELINES OR RULES FOR DUSTING.
- Use clean duster. When possible use two dusters, one for removal of dust and two for polishing the surface.
- Begin the highest point and work downwards. Work in orderly manner.
- Gather up the dust into the clothes carefully. Do not allow it to scatter in the room.
- Shake the dust frequently out of the doors.
- Take care that does is not blown back into the house.
- Polished wooden surfaces along the grains.
- After justin, shake the dust are thoroughly outside. Watch it if it’s dirty, dry and put away properly.
GUIDELINES FOR SWEEPING THE FLOOR.
- Use good broom.
- If it is a mud floor or very dusty concrete floor, sprinkle water on the surface to prevent dist and rising.
- Sleep with the broom towards the door reaching all corners.
- Prevent the dust from scattering by putting off the fan and shutting the windows and doors
- Gather the dust up at frequent intervals, using a dustpan.
- Wrap the dust in newspaper and put it in the dustbin.
- The broom should be used with shorts, even stroke.
Get more on this site by subscribing, bye for now.