Procedure for Election for Congregation Representative on the 13th Vice Chancellor Team
Consequent upon the Vice Chancellor’s approval to hold the meeting of Congregation on Thursday, May 26, 2022 to elect two (2) Representatives of Congregation on the Search Team for the Appointment of the 13th Vice Chancellor, the procedure for election shall be as follows:
- Members of Congregation to check their names (eligibility) on the Congregation Register as provided by HRMD on the University website (www.unilag.edu.ng) from Friday, May 20, to Tuesday May 24, 2022
- Persons with complaints are advised to interface with the Deputy Registrar, HRMD from Monday, May 23 to Tuesday, May 24, 2022
- Resolved cases on eligibility shall be forwarded to CITS through Senate and Ceremonies Unit by HRMD.
- The meeting of Congregation shall be blended
- Access to the virtual platform for the Blended meeting of Congregation shall open at 9.45 a.m. on Thursday, May 26, 2022
- The Blended meeting of Congregation shall hold at J.F. Ade. Ajayi Auditorium at 10.00 a.m. However, accreditation and voting shall be electronic (virtual)
- The Zoom link for the Blended meeting shall be forwarded to the Unilag email addresses of members of Congregation not later than Wednesday, May 25, 2022
The procedure for the Electronic voting is as follows:
- It is mandatory for members to have access to their UNILAG email addresses.
- Members shall proceed to cast their vote online during the meeting of Congregation.
- Complaints on accreditation should be forwarded to email@example.com
- To avoid a breach of the procedure on technical grounds, the Blended meeting of Congregation must have been duly constituted (quorate) before the commencement of the meeting.
- Eligible voters shall receive access code to the voting platform in their UNILAG email address during the meeting of Congregation.
- Eligible voters shall proceed to vote on the voting platform at the time as provided by CITS
- Members shall login to the electronic voting portal to make their choice of preferred candidates.
- The principle of ‘one man, one vote’ shall subsist, thus, eligible voters can only vote once.
- Complaints during e-voting should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-voting shall be between from 10.30a.m. to 11.00a.m.
- Voters shall select their preferred candidate on the electronic voting portal
- Results shall be made available by the Registrar on conclusion of the e-voting exercise.
- Results of elections shall be displayed/announced on the University website.