1. …was chosen in place of Judas Iscariot
(a) Junias (b) Barnabas(c) Mathias
2. The man who put God to test with a fleece of wool was……… (a) Samson (b) Elijah (c) Jephthan
3. Mark’s gospel starts with………..
(a) the story of the birth of Jesus
(b) the story of the temptation of Jesus
(c) the story of Simon Peter
4. The first church council on circumcision was held at………… (a) Jerusalem (b) Antioch (c) Judea (d) Joppa
5. The main reason Jesus christ was sent to earth by God was….
A. To preach the gospel
B. To refute the heresy of the sahedrin
C. To die and shed his blood to save man from sin
D. To fulfil the ultimate course
6. According to John, living water means water that :
A. Spring from Jacob’s well
B. Is running
C. Well up to eternal life
D. Quenches thirst
E. The Samaritan woman drank
7. The good shepherd as described by St. John has all the following qualities except that :
A. He enters the sheepfold by the door
B. He climbs into the sheepfold by another way
C. The gate keeper opens the gate for him
D. He calls his own sheep by name
E. He leads the sheep out by the door
8. Paul declared that if anyone has the gifts of Holy spirit but does have love for others, he suppose such person to be …..
C. Noise Maker
D. Fake Christian
9. Other Gift of the spirit will pass away but …… will remain still.
A. Speaking in Tongue
10. “Behold the lamb of God!” Jesus was compared to a lamb in this verse because he :
A. Was to be slain on the cross
B. Was to take away the sins of men
C. Was to be humiliated and persecuted by the world
D. Was a shepherd himself
E. Loved his sheep and lamb
11. All but one is not attributes of Love according to Paul.
12. The Living water Jesus offered to the Samaritan represents :
A. Pure water
B. Word of God
C. The Holy Spirit
D. The true wine
E. Peace of mind
13. “And his disciples asked him “Rabbi” who sinned; this man or his parents that he was born blind?” Jesus response shows that the man was born blind because :
A. He was a sinner from birth
B. His parents were sinners
C. God wanted to manifest his work
D. Individuals will suffer for the sin of their parents.
E. Every sinner is sure of forgiveness
14. The ideology whereby one looks at the Paradigm of behaviour of another in order to emulate such is called ……
15. According to Luke, Jesus healed the epileptic boy by
A. Telling the boy to have faith
B. Rebuking the unclean spirit
C. Binding the evil spirit out of him
D. Touching the boy
16. … but he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep…” the door in this statement refer to ……….
A. The law
B. The Gospel
17. God exalted the name of Jesus above every other name in heaven and on earth because ……
A. Jesus was born in the likeness of a man
B. As a son of God
C. In humility, He counted others better than himself
D. He humbled himself to be born in human form and was obedient to death
18. According to mark, the first four disciples to be called by Jesus were …….
A. Simon, James, John and Philip
B. Simon, Andrew, James and Matthew
C. Simon, James, John and Bartholomew
D. Simon, Andrew, James and John
E. Simon, James, John Thaddaeus
19. Jesus called a tax collector to be a disciple because he wanted :
A. Him to be a treasurer for the discipline
B. Show that he came to call the sinners to repentance
C. Him to represent non- Jews among the disciples
D. Him to oppose Judas Iscariot’s love for money
E. To ensure that their taxes were promptly paid
20. “whoever does not bear his cross and come after me, cannot be my disciples.” This statement of Jesus meant that …….
A. His followers must carry cross
B. The fellowship of Jesus leads to death on the cross
C. The followership of Jesus demands total surrender and commitment
D. A disciple of Jesus must be humble and meek
E. A follower of Jesus must pay for his troubles
21. In the creation story, the job of giving names to all living creatures was performed by
B. Adam and Eve
E. The angel of God
22. The fact that whatever God said during the process of creation happened as he said indicates that God
A. Loves all that he had made
B. Wanted man to have dominion over all he had created
C. did not want darkness to continue upon the face of the earth
D. Had sovereignty over the universe
E. Existed before all things were made
23. At the time of creation, the river that flowed out of Eden to water the garden was divided into these four ………
A. Pishon, Gihon, Tigris and Euphrates
B. Ahava, Nile, Jordan and Tigris
C. Cyrus, Jordan, Tigris and Euphrates
D. Nile, Jordan, Pishon and Gihon
E. Jordan, Gihon, Nile and Ahava
24. The second of the creation story was centered on the creation of ……….
B. The heavens.
E. The Firmament
25. God wanted to destroy the world because
A. Adam and Eve disobeyed him.
B. Cain killed Abel his brother.
C. The sons of God were taking the daughters of men as wives.
D. the people made a tower of Babel
to get to
E. the earth was filled with violence.